Founded by Alan Hirsch and Michael Frost now delivered by ForMission Training, Forge cultivates missional communities around the world by identifying, developing, and training missional leaders, teams and practitioners.
Forge aims to mobilise ordinary people to become missional and thrive in whatever context they are called to. This may be in pioneering new things, church planting, working in and through an already existing church, or serving in a local community, professional or relational network. The Forge network is led by active missional practitioners who are able to offer significant experiential training in pioneering contexts.
What are the key components?
Training: 9 days per year (usually 3 weekends) held at a training HUB across the UK. Participants learn about the Missional Church, Missional Lifestyle and Missional Leadership from experienced trainers to be lived out in practical ways.
Coaching: Each participant receives 8 coaching sessions throughout the year, from a trained coach who will help them connect training with everyday living.
Learning Communities: Each participant joins a Peer Group that meets 6 times a year for learning, support, prayer, reflection and encouragement.
Incarnational Living: Each Forge participant will explore new missional opportunities within an existing or new setting. This is where the training and coaching can be lived out practically.
Formation: Each Forge participant will be encouraged to develop theologically and spiritually through the training and coaching, ongoing reflections and social media that are designed to support life and missional formation.
What will it cost?
The cost of the Forge training course is £495.
Forge training launch weekends
North West (Manchester): 26th-28th January 2018
Midlands (Birmingham): 9th-11th March 2018
South West and South Wales (Bristol): 16th-18th March 2018
North West England and North Wales (Liverpool): 13th-15th April 2018
London and South East (Cuckfield): 27th-29th April 2018
What to do next?
If you would like to know more about Forge or find out how to access the Forge training, please contact ForMission on 0121 458 5240 or fill in the form below:-
Q: What sort of people do Forge training?
We are looking for passionate people who are keen to mature as Christians exploring ways in which they can more fully engage in missional living. They must be open to learning, growing, working with others and willing to take risks and step out in an adventure with God.
Q: What skills and knowledge do Forge participants get from Forge?
1) Build theological and biblical foundations of mission for life
2) Develop skills and tools to discern their missional context
3) Be coached in developing more effective contextual missional strategies
4) Form missional habits and attitudes that revolutionise the way they see the world around them and their place in that world
5) Discover their gifts, passions and shape for missional leadership
6) Be equipped with practical skills and tools to become more competent and effective in forming and developing missional communities and missional engagement through the local church
7) Grow in their faith as they step into new missional adventures
8) Join with travelling companions that will support and encourage them as they learn to take risks for God and for the kingdom
Q: What is Forge trying to achieve?
Forge aims to help people become better missional practitioners in the world wherever they are found! Life is the context for mission and Forge helps people live life with an intentional missional focus.
Q: Does my network or denomination support Forge?
The Forge programme is supported by several denominations in the UK and participants come from a variety of backgrounds.